Saturday March 16th.
- • Cruise planning and Social evening:
- • Woodbridge at the Kings Head (Barrack Room). Book dinner from menu choices available now. New members, friends and relatives all very welcome.
- • 7.00pm for 7.30pm.
- • Menu
April 19th -22nd.
May 4th - 6th
- • Early May Cruise – Titchmarsh.
- • Dining at the Harbour Lights.
- • Any other ideas for this cruise are most welcome.
May 25th - 27th. Late May Cruise to Brightlingsea.
- • Colne Yacht Club for evening dining on 25th
- • 25th May LW Harwich 10:22. Sailing time around 4 to 5 hours approx. The pontoons at Brightlingsea do not have water or power. A harbour water taxi is available for the short hop to shore. Or bring a dinghy.
- • We hope to dine at the Colne Yacht Club on Saturday evening 25 May. Several options for meals are available over the weekend including possible lunchtime venue at Mehalah’s by water taxi to Mersea island.
- • This will be finalised once we know the numbers attending.
June7/8th to 14th/15th or as required
London cruise to St Katharine Dock Marina via Queenborough
- • (exact departure dates to be confirmed. We often depart from Levington to ensure the best tidal push).
- • Friday 7 June LW Harwich 08:38. Catch the tide down to Queenborough where there are moorings or pontoon berths that will be booked depending on numbers and availability.The town has several places to eat, but there are few sailing facilities.
- • Wonderfully interesting sail up the Thames to St Katherine Dock, catching the incoming tide.
- • At St Katherine Dock facilities are exactly as you would hope. It is a convenient area with many pleasant restaurants, and a nearby Watrose.
- • Stay for as long or short time as you wish. Prices very reasonable for a central London base. Book for 5 nights minimum at St Katharine for the best weekly rate.
June 21st - 23rd June.
- • First Light Cruise to Lowestoft
Berths available in Royal Norfolk and Suffolk Yacht Club Marina.
Currently there is interest from:
- ⁃ Nakita,
- ⁃ Nirvana
- ⁃ Tringa 4,
- ⁃ Andromeda
- ⁃ Waratah
- ⁃ Roaming Star
Please contact Yacht Captain Lynda Skelton if you would like to join the cruise.
June 29th-1st July. Orford
On my list so far are:
- ⁃ Nakita
- ⁃ Watercolour
- ⁃ Zara
- ⁃ Leela
- ⁃ Andromeda
- ⁃ Sancerre
- ⁃ Estuary Pilgrim
Please confirm your attendance and note that access to a dinghy will be essential!
I will be requesting mooring spaces as soon as possible once I have likely numbers of boats.
Dining on Saturday night will be arranged at one of the local hostelries.
Early July for up to 2+ weeks or as long as you wish Holland Cruise.
- • More information available shortly. Details and possible itinerary is work in progress and likely to be discussed at Social evening on March 16th.
August 16th _ 19th – Ipswich Maritime Festival
- • 20 boat spaces reserved, and clubhouse reserved for 16th.
- • August 17th: dining at The Last Anchor, already reserved.
Late August / Early September – Multi-stop cruise to – The Blackwater, Colne and Crouch.
September – Woodbridge, Tide Mill marina,
- • dates to be confirmed.
A very warm welcome to the FFSC cruising programme 2019.
If you have not joined us before, we are a very friendly group with a wide range of sailing, yachting and motor boating experience, very happy to welcome newcomers and offer support to get you involved.
For each cruise, we book the named marina or moorings for the club well in advance, and also book dining at a nearby sailing club or restaurant for the first night at least. We need numbers, boat name and other details, and menu choices in advance as far as possible, but you are under no obligation to be part of the group if you prefer to do your own thing.
You are welcome to join any cruise or evening dining by any means of transport.
Crew are often needed to assist in longer passages: do ask if interested in coming along as crew.
Please note that these are provisional dates and arrangements so far and may be subject to change if numbers/weather/tides mean some adjustments are needed nearer the time.